The Lighthouse of Grouin du Cou
The history of the neighborhood.
It replaces a 9 lantern meters built in 1831. Following numerous shipwrecks the lighthouse, a square turret with a masonry main building of 14 meters was built in 1866 to warn captains of the dangerous approaches to the sharp coasts made up of limestone bottoms.
Destroyed on the night of July 24, 1944 by the Germans during World War II, it was rebuilt in 1950 according to plans by architect Maurice Durand.